Followers

Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Books, Buttons, and Butterfly's


Welcome to my blog, The Diamond Dragonfly

It has been a very wonderful week. I cannot explain the relief of getting that huge varicose vein removed from my right leg. My son will be 45 this year and my leg blew up after a gazillion hours of labor in 1969 and it has felt like a red hot poker has been in my leg all these years. The surgical sites are sore but the pain lessens daily.

Only the back page remains to be finished in my little paper bag journal. Using ‘scraps only’ has been a rewarding experience.  The pages were spritzed with an home-made alcohol based glitter, the DP stamped with a home-made mosaic stamp and then embossed.  The Bay Leaf seam binding from RRR was a little piece that was sitting around. Buttons were picked from the treasures in my bag of old buttons. At home we had to cut the buttons of everything and then cut cottons into rags, woolens into strips for Granny’s hooked rugs.

 
Another fun, family friendly challenge with a wholesome  sentiment,  and ‘of course’ it is “Anything Goes” as far as styles or projects. 
This is our 136th challenge.  We also have a Facebook page found here Thank you for taking time to showcase your creations with us.  Congratulations to the winners from last week. Once again, we had so many beautiful entries.

All your cards and projects are extremely beautiful and very inspirational.

There is a FREE digital word art each week, which you are welcome to use BUT it is not required. It is found on this page as well as here.
 
Our fabulous sponsors for June 11th   2014 are as follows.  Docerela Stamps is giving one very lucky person  a brand new stamp set of their choice.   Really Reasonable Ribbon is offering  a second lucky winner a $15 Gift Certificate  Our own, Karen Letchworth of
My Cup Runneth Over  is offering a third prize - a bonus surprise!
http://wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/2014/06/challenge-136-anything-goes.html

Word Art Wednesday………………………….AG with a family friendly sentiment and theme.

Thank you for stopping by. God bless you all!

13 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Your journal is so inspirational. These current pages are so cheerful and the wording very wholesome like you rightfully put it.
Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Leovi said...

These designs are beautiful! I love butterflies!

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Beautiful! I can't believe you've only used scraps, but it's admirable. Blessings!

Fabiola said...

trop mignon! biz

kiwimeskreations said...

So glad to hear you are recovering well Carole. This is a beautiful piece of work - love how it has been made from just what you had on hand.
Blessings
Maxine

Teresa Arsenault said...

Carole, these pages are darling. I love the colours and patterns. It is a wonderful use of the scripture and the tag stands out as a beautiful piece on its own.
Blessing hugs,
Teresa

PS - I am a new follower. :)

Karen Letchworth said...

I LOVE this project, Carole. I'm especially drawn to the butterfly in the upper right, and wondered if he came like that, or if you stamped that postal image on him. ADORABLE! I also love the ribbon underneath the other one. SO creative. I feel so incredibly blessed to have you on our team. You are such a blessing to me, and to so many others. Love you, my friend.
Karen

Leovi said...

Thank you very much for this post so beautiful!

My name is Erika. said...

Great pages- love that you used only scraps to make them.

Leovi said...

Thank you very much Carole!

peggy aplSEEDS said...

What a wonderful journal! And what good news that a 45 year pain is on it's way to be resolved.
You won my ATC giveaway! Please send me your address!
Hugs,
peggy

peggy aplSEEDS said...

What a wonderful journal! And what good news that a 45 year pain is on it's way to be resolved.
You won my ATC giveaway! Please send me your address!
Hugs,
peggy

Deepti said...

This journal looks beautiful, I like how u incorporated so many elements yet they look so unified :)